Our SEND Advisory and Support Service provides impartial information advice and support on all matters relating to children and young people with SEND.
You may want to access our service if you find it difficult to understand why decisions are made, how applications are made, what assessments mean and where you fit into it all! We can’t guarantee to have all the answers, but we will certainly try and support you as effectively as possible.
Who do we support?
The service supports:
- Parents/ carers of children and young people between the ages of 0-25 with SEND
- Young people aged 16-25 with SEND
- Children with SEND
What support do we offer?
- We can help you understand how to get the services and support that you need when seeking an EHC plan needs assessment
- We can also help you prepare for meetings with schools and the Local Authority such as annual reviews
- We can help you get your views across
- Signposting to other places where you may find help and advice
- We can help by providing assessments to support suitable applications
How can we support you?
- Face to face appointments - you can book into one of our SEND Advice Sessions and meet with our SEND Consultant for a 30 minute appointment, where you can discuss your needs and if necessary, arrange further work
- Attendance at meetings - the SEND Consultant is sometimes able to support you at meetings regarding the education of a child with SEND
- Training - we offer training and information sessions for parents, young people and professionals. Please ring to discuss your needs
- Social Media - we post up to date and relevant information that we feel may be of interest to our service users on Facebook and Twitter
SEND Advice sessions are £55 for 30 minutes. After this, a price for any further work will be agreed, if appropriate.
You can contact us by telephone or email to request an appointment.
Ring us on 01785 748447
Email us at [email protected]